Lead Contact Details
Name: CaptainMartin Willis (Harbour Master)
Tel: 01670 357021
Harbour and Port Authority
Geography Area Covered
Blyth Port (Northumberland)
The partnership governance groups this organisation is represented on are:
Marine Protected Areas
The Port of Blyth operates, or has management which influence, on the following inshore marine protected areas between Fast Castle Head and the River Tyne:
- Northumberland Marine Special Protection Area (SPA)
- Coquet to St Mary’s Marine Conservation Zone (MCZ)
Port of Blyth has the following management measures in place to ensure its functions and regulatory powers are carried out in a manner that achieves the conservation objectives for the inshore marine protected areas in which it operates:
- Ensure works have been granted the appropriate consents before they are carried out.
- Ensure capital and maintenance dredging has been granted a marine licence before it is carried out.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date Harbour Waste Management Plan that recognises the environment sensitivities of nearby marine protected areas.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date oil and chemical spill contingency plan that recognises the environment sensitivities of nearby marine protected areas.
- Provide oil waste services.
- Provide waste recycling services.
- Promote the responsible use of the marine area by promoting appropriate codes of conduct and best practice.
Data, Information and Mapping
Port of Blyth holds the following data that could be of interest to other partners who are responsible for managing marine areas: