Lead Contact Details
Geography Area Covered
St Abbs Harbour
The partnership governance groups this organisation is represented on are:
Marine Protected Areas
St Abbs Harbour Trust operates, or has management which influence, on the following inshore marine protected areas between Fast Castle Head and the River Tyne:
- Berwickshire and North Northumberland Coast Special Area of Conservation (SAC)
- St Abb’s Head to Fast Castle Special Protection Area (SPA)
St Abbs Harbour Trust has the following management measures in place to ensure its functions and regulatory powers are carried out in a manner that achieves the conservation objectives for the inshore marine protected areas in which it operates:
- Ensure harbour works have been granted the appropriate consents before they are carried out.
- Ensure any capital or maintenance dredging has been granted a marine licence before it is carried out.
- Promote the responsible use of the marine area by promoting appropriate codes of conduct and best practice.
Data, Information and Mapping
St Abbs Harbour Trust holds the following data that could be of interest to other partners who are responsible for managing marine areas: