Lead Contact Details
Name: Alan Punton
Tel: 01665 710306
Geography Area Covered
Warkworth Harbour (Amble)
The partnership governance groups this organisation is represented on
Marine Protected Areas
Warkworth Harbour Commission operates or has management which influences, the following inshore marine protected areas between Fast Castle Head and the River Tyne:
Warkworth Harbour Commission has the following management measures in place to ensure its functions and regulatory powers are carried out in a manner that achieves the conservation objectives for the inshore marine protected areas in which it operates:
- Ensure harbour works have been granted the appropriate consents before they are carried out.
- Ensure capital and maintenance dredging has been granted a marine licence before it is carried out.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date Harbour Waste Management Plan that recognises the environment sensitivities of nearby marine protected areas.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date oil and chemical spill contingency plan that recognises the environment sensitivities of nearby marine protected areas.
- Provide oil waste services.
- Provide waste recycling services.
- Promote the responsible use of the marine area by promoting appropriate codes of conduct and best practice.
Data, Information and Mapping
Warkworth Harbour Commission holds the following data that could be of interest to other partners who are responsible for managing marine areas: