Lead Contact Details
Name: Richard Lawton
Tel: 01890 752494
Geography Area Covered
The partnership governance groups this organisation is represented on are:
Marine Protected Areas
Eyemouth Harbour Trust operates, or has management which influence, on the following inshore marine protected areas between Fast Castle Head and the River Tyne:
Eyemouth Harbour Trust has the following management measures in place to ensure its functions and regulatory powers are carried out in a manner that achieves the conservation objectives for the inshore marine protected areas in which it operates:
- Ensure harbour works have been granted the appropriate consents before they are carried out.
- Ensure capital and maintenance dredging has been granted a marine licence before it is carried out.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date Harbour Waste Management Plan that recognises the environment sensitivities of nearby marine protected areas.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date oil and chemical spill contingency plan that recognises the environment sensitivities of the Berwickshire and North Northumberland Coast SAC.
- Provide oil waste services.
- Provide waste recycling services.
- Promote the responsible use of the marine area by promoting appropriate codes of conduct and best practice.
Data, Information and Mapping
Eyemouth Harbour Trust holds the following data that could be of interest to other partners who are responsible for managing marine areas: